Python Pain Points
June 04, 2007 | co.mments
Not that many:
- str v unicode
- HTTP libraries - the best one isn't in the stdlib.
- Method signatures - if optional types ever landed, I'd use them in method signatures.
- self - more of an irritant than actually painful.
- No multiline lambdas -cue standard whining about how Ruby has closures.
- No SMP/core support - this is not the same thing as wanting threads.
- Jython being behind Python - you have to be careful about targeting versions.
A few years ago I would have put IDEs up there, but now there's PyDev.
June 4, 2007 07:29 PM
Post a comment
TrackBack URL for this entry: